The DS-520AN is a USB Device Server from Silex Technology supporting 802.11n wireless or Gigabit Ethernet. Printers, scanners, hard drives, dongles, cameras, speakers, and other USB devices can be used over the network via a USB Hi-Speed port as though they were connected to the computer.Features and Benefits:
- Wireless Versatility 802.11n wireless connection allows you to connect it anywhere within range of your wireless network, or you can connect it to your Gigabit wired Ethernet network.
- Fast Network Speeds The 802.11n wireless connection supports up 300Mbps or the wired Gigabit Ethernet connection supports up to 1000Mbps throughput.* *Theoretical maximum speeds. Actual connection will be slower due to network and interference.
- Enterprise Security Support: The DS-520AN is intended for security for professional use that takes IT security beyond standard encryption and which can be relied on by business users such as offices, hospitals, and any enterprise-secure networks.
- Isochronous Transfer Support: Devices such as industrial USB cameras (full- and high-speed) and audio devices such as loudspeakers that require continuous and almost real-time data transfer can also be used in a wireless network environment.* *The use of isochronous USB devices is very complex and not every device can be used in the wireless network. Compatibility validation is strongly recommend.
- Print Server Function Supports standard TCP/IP printing (LPD/LPR/RAW) The product supports the general RAW-mode, and LPD/LPR-mode network printing protocols. When the product is connected to a printer, the standard Windows print function can be used to print.
- AutoConnect Feature The Printer AutoConnect feature allows multiple computers to easily share a USB printer over the network. It makes an automatic connection to the printer and automatically disconnects after the print job is sent, making the device server available to the next user.
- No special drivers or applications are needed to use the USB devices: The drivers and applications that worked when the USB device is directly connected to the computer will continue to work.
- OEM Solutions Silex offers device manufacturers the USB Virtual Link technology as an OEM product. For hardware there is an installation module and for software there is a SDK to integrate the mature USB Virtual Link technology into any product
- 802.11n wireless connection allows you to place USB device anywhere within range of your wireless network
- Supports Enterprise Security (IEEE802.1X) Authentication types: EAP-TLS, PEAP(PEAPv0), EAP-TTLS, LEAP, and EAP-FAST
- Supports Full-Speed / High-Speed Isochronous Transfers for real-time data transfers from USB cameras and speakers etc.
- The 802.11n wireless connection supports up to 300Mbps or the wired Gigabit Ethernet connection supports up to 1Gbps throughput
- One Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port supporting 500 mA of USB bus power
- Connect up to 15 USB devices (scanners, network storage, etc.) to the network with a USB hub
- WPS for easy wireless installation. WPS2.0 Compatible.
- Supports standard TCP/IP printing (LPD/LPR/RAW)