Use your existing USB 3.0 devices such as flash drives, mouse, keyboard and external hard drives. The 4-port USB 3.0 hub converts your computer's USB-C port into four USB 3.0 (Type-A ports), and it's backward compatible with your older USB 2.0 devices. (USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1.)
Each USB port on the USB Type-C hub has its own power switch so you can turn off devices when they're not in use. That means you can better manage power consumptionfor your USB devices, without having to physically disconnect the device or cable.
With its compact, lightweight design, this USB hub is designed for portable use. The versatile USB-C to USB hub is bus-powered, which means it draws its power directly from your computer's USB-C port, with no need for an external power adapter. You can travel lighter with fewer cables to carry with you.
The 4-Port USB-C hub installs automatically once you connect it to your laptop, so you can be up and running in seconds.
HB30C4AIB is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- 4 PORT USB C HUB: Expand the connectivity of a USB-C laptop by adding 4x USB-A ports with individual port switches, using this USB 3.2/3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps hub; 15W power shared between downstream devices
- INDIVIDUAL PORT SWITCHES: Each USB-A port has an on/off push button (w/ LEDs) to disconnect power/data to devices; Save energy by turning off SSD/thumb drives, web cams, headsets, etc. when not in use
- MANAGE POWER & RESET DEVICES: Port switches enable you to direct power to selected peripherals, power on/off without physically unplugging the device which reduces wear and tear on the USB port
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: A lightweight bus-powered adapter hub with black plastic housing, 9.8" (25 cm) attached USB-C host cable and small form factor [3.3in (85mm) x 1.4in (35mm) x 0.8in (1.9cm)]
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: USB-C laptop hub is OS independent, supporting major operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux, iPadOS, Chrome OS and Android; USB 3.0/2.0 device compatible