The USRobotics 56K* USB Softmodem delivers the performance and reliability USRobotics is known for in a compact, cost effective form factor. Broadly compatible with Windows including 64 bit and server systems, the modem uses the CPU of the host computer for high compression throughput due to direct parallel access. Features include ring detection and qualification - eliminating unintended wake-on-ring events due to activity on the phone line other than ringing, as well as handling pulse dial control to eliminate system timing dependencies common with soft modems. The USRobotics USB Softmodem is fully compatible with V.92 and lower rates, making it ideal for compact POS solutions that only require V.34.
- Simple USB Plug and Play installation
- Hot-swappable (installs/uninstalls automatically)
- Bus-powered so it doesn't require an external power supply
- Send and receive faxes through your computer while running other applications
- Permanently store preferred modem default settings
- Compatible with most recent Windows Operating Systems including Server 2016, Server 2012 and Win 10.
- Compatible with Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
- Common driver across multiple Operating Systems