The PEX1S553LP PCI Express Serial Card turns a PCI Express slot into an RS232 (DB9) serial connection.
The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards.
The PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 to 4.11.x, and ships with a low profile/half-height bracket installed, but includes an optional full profile bracket that lets you add a serial port to virtually any computer (regardless of the case form factor).
This product is a replacement for our PEX1S552LP card.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.1a
- Single chip design optimizes speed and reliability
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Ships with half-height/low profile mounting bracket, includes standard bracket
- One high speed RS232 serial port with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps