Also known as USB 3.2 Gen 2x1, this USB 3.1 Gen 2 card adds two 10Gbps USB Type-C™ ports to your computer.
Utilizing an ASMedia ASM3142 chipset, this card harnesses the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2. With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIe expansion card is a necessity for external drives and many other USB 3.1 Gen 2 peripherals and includes an optional SATA power connector for high power devices.
The card is backward compatible with USB 3.0 (5Gbps) and USB 2.0 (480mbps) devices. The card works with newer USB-C devices, but can easily support your existing USB-A peripherals using inexpensive USB Type C cables and adapters. See our Accessories Tab for supported options.Easy Installation
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with Windows®, Linux® and macOS® operating systems. The card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets to install in various form-factor PCs and servers.The Choice of IT Pros Since 1985
StarTech.com conducts thorough compatibility and performance testing on all our products to ensure we are meeting or exceeding industry standards and providing high-quality products to IT Professionals. Our local StarTech.com Technical Advisors have broad product expertise and work directly with our StarTech.com Engineers to provide support for our customers both pre and post-sales.
The PEXUSB312C3 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 PCIe Host Controller card supports Multiple INs, maintains max bandwidth even when mixed speed devices are connected; 2x USB-C 10Gbps per port
- POWER: Expansion card w/ SATA power header supplies supplemental power to the USB Type-C ports (when motherboard power is insufficient) providing up to 5V 3A (15W) via the USB-C ports
- MAX PERFORMANCE WITH USB STORAGE DEVICES: 2-port USB-C PCIe Card adapter supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) optimizing USB performance w/ external storage devices like SSDs, HDDs, NVMe drives
- COMPATIBILITY: Installs in full/low-profile PCIe 3.0 x4 desktop/server slot (lower performance w/ PCI-e 2.0); Windows/Linux/macOS w/auto driver install (Windows 8 & above); Works w/USB 3.2/3.1/3.0/2.0
- THE STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: StarTech.com offers a 2-year warranty & free lifetime 24 hour technical support on this dual port USB-C PCI Express Add On Card w/ full & low profile bracket incl.