This fiber media converter extends a Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mbps) network up to 550 m over multimode fiber, on 1000BASE-SX networks.Extend your GbE network cost-effectively
The fiber media converter offers a cost-effective way to transparently convert copper to fiber, or fiber to copper, for connecting remote sub-networks to larger fiber-optic networks. Providing both SC fiber and RJ45 Ethernet ports, it integrates easily into a wide range of Gigabit Ethernet network infrastructures. The RJ45 port supports triple-speed (10/100/1000 BASE-T) auto-negotiation.Reliable and scalable network connectivity
Supporting a maximum multimode fiber-optic cable distance of 550 meters (0.34 miles), the media converter delivers a simple and reliable solution for connecting Gigabit Ethernet networks to remote locations over multimode fiber, while ensuring solid network performance. It provides optimum network scalability for connecting two or more Ethernet network nodes, for instance, connecting two buildings on the same campus or facility. The media converter also offers high-speed bandwidth to meet the increasing demands of large-scale workgroups that require expansion of a Gigabit Ethernet network.
The MCMGBSCMM055 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides DIP switch supporting Link Fault Pass-through function
- Non-blocking full wire-speed forwarding rate
- Compact design and wall mountable
- Supports a maximum distance of 550 m over multimode fiber-optic cable (SC connection)
- Provides a cost-effective Ethernet to fiber/copper to fiber link
- Converts and extends a Gigabit Ethernet fiber (1000Mbps) network over multimode fiber on 1000BASE-SX networks