The fiber media converter provides a cost-effective way to transparently convert copper to fiber, or fiber to copper, for connecting remote sub-networks to larger fiber-optic networks. Providing both SC fiber and RJ45 Ethernet ports, it integrates easily into a wide range of Gigabit Ethernet network infrastructures. The RJ45 port supports triple-speed (10/100/1000 BASE-T) auto-negotiation.Reliable and scalable network connectivity
Supporting a maximum single-mode fiber cable distance of up to 10 km (6.2 mi.), the media converter delivers a simple and reliable solution for connecting Gigabit Ethernet networks to remote locations, while ensuring solid network performance. It provides optimum network scalability for connecting two or more Ethernet network nodes, for instance, connecting two buildings on the same campus or facility. The media converter also delivers high-speed bandwidth to meet the increasing demands of large-scale workgroups that require expansion of a Gigabit Ethernet network.
The MCMGBSCSM10 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides DIP switch supporting Link Fault Pass-through function
- Compact design and wall mountable
- Non-blocking full wire-speed forwarding rate
- Supports a maximum distance of 10 km over single mode duplex fiber optic cable (SC connection)
- Provides a cost-effective Ethernet to fiber/copper to fiber link
- Converts and extends a Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) network up to 10 km over single-mode fiber on 1000BASE-LX networks